This salad is light and fresh and a great side to a meal with complex flavors. It is simple, and there is plenty of opportunity to dress it up with tomato, tortilla strips, etc. All and all the flavors are great. This salad is an easy one to put together for last minute get togethers.
Romaine Salad with Avocado-Lime Vinaigrette
Simple ingredients coax the avocado oil into the limelight.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 61
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce (about 15 ounces)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl, tossing gently. Drizzle juice mixture over lettuce mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads