- 1 (1-inch-thick) crusty French bread slice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika*
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
How to Make It
Tear bread slice into 1-inch pieces. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook bread and almonds in hot oil, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes or until almonds are fragrant and bread is golden. Stir in garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Process bread mixture, tomatoes, roasted red bell peppers, smoked paprika, sherry vinegar, salt, and water in a food processor 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth.
*Regular paprika may be substituted.