- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium mixing bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk, and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; roll to 1/4-inch thickness, and cut with a 1-inch biscuit cutter.
- Drop dumplings into simmering soup or stew, allowing room for dumplings to expand during cooking. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until dumplings are plump and tender. (Do not lift cover during cooking time.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note