Rolled Benne Wafers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine butter, corn syrup, sugar, and vanilla in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter melts. Add flour and salt; stir until well blended. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in sesame seeds. Place pan in a bowl of hot water.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let stand for 1 minute. Shape each wafer around the buttered handle of a wooden spoon. Slide off, and place on a wire rack to cool completely. (Bake only 5 wafers at a time because they harden quickly after baking.) Repeat procedure with remaining batter. Store wafers in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This