We made the marinade exactly as directed and grilled the salmon on a cedar plank. So simple and delicious!
Rocky Mountain Salmon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 338
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 471mg
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 salmon fillet with skin (about 2 lb.; see notes)
- 1. In a microwave-safe 9- by 13-inch baking dish, combine brown sugar, wine, soy sauce, butter, and lemon juice. Heat in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until boiling, about 2 minutes, stirring several times. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Rinse salmon, pat dry, and lay skin side up in sugar-soy marinade. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- 3. Lift salmon from marinade, drain (reserve marinade), and lay skin side down on a sheet of heavy foil. Trim foil to outline of fish.
- 4. Transfer fish on foil to a grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds). Cover barbecue; open vents for charcoal. Cook until salmon is opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), or 140° on a thermometer, 20 to 25 minutes. With 2 wide spatulas, transfer fish to a platter.
- 5. Return marinade to microwave oven and heat at full power until boiling, 1 to 2 minutes, stirring several times. Pour into a small bowl.
- 6. Cut fish into portions, lift from skin onto plates, and add marinade to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note