We made the marinade exactly as directed and grilled the salmon on a cedar plank. So simple and delicious!
Rocky Mountain Salmon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 338
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 9.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 471mg
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 salmon fillet with skin (about 2 lb.; see notes)
- 1. In a microwave-safe 9- by 13-inch baking dish, combine brown sugar, wine, soy sauce, butter, and lemon juice. Heat in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until boiling, about 2 minutes, stirring several times. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Rinse salmon, pat dry, and lay skin side up in sugar-soy marinade. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- 3. Lift salmon from marinade, drain (reserve marinade), and lay skin side down on a sheet of heavy foil. Trim foil to outline of fish.
- 4. Transfer fish on foil to a grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds). Cover barbecue; open vents for charcoal. Cook until salmon is opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), or 140° on a thermometer, 20 to 25 minutes. With 2 wide spatulas, transfer fish to a platter.
- 5. Return marinade to microwave oven and heat at full power until boiling, 1 to 2 minutes, stirring several times. Pour into a small bowl.
- 6. Cut fish into portions, lift from skin onto plates, and add marinade to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This