Rocky Mountain Coconut Cake
Yield: one 3-layer cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rocky Mountain Filling
- 1 cup grated coconut
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove layers from pans, and let cake cool completely.
- Spread Rocky Mountain Filling between layers, and top with coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings