Rock's Fried Catfish with Creole Tartar Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cut into 1- by 3-inch strips
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups fish-fry mix*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Creole Tartar Sauce
- Place first 7 ingredients in a large, heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add fish; seal and shake gently. Chill 1 hour.
- Pour oil to depth of 3/4 inch in a large, heavy-duty skillet; heat to 350°.
- Combine fish-fry mix and cornstarch in a separate large, heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Remove fish from milk mixture. Place in bag in batches, and shake to coat.
- Fry fish, in batches, in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Separate onion slices into rings, and place over fish. Serve immediately with Creole Tartar Sauce.
- *We used Zatarain's fish-fry mix for testing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes