- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound rock shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 poblano chile peppers, cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sherry vinegar
How to Make It
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat; add shrimp, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place in a bowl, and cover with a paper towel.
Add remaining oil, onion, and next 3 ingredients to skillet, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in bay leaves and next 5 ingredients. Slowly bring to a boil, and simmer 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Pour mixture over shrimp. Cover and chill 2 hours or overnight. Discard bay leaves before serving.