This is one of the best pies I have ever tasted. It is a refreshing dessert on a hot summer day. You will be a hit at the bbq. potluck or church picnic. I highly recommend this yummy pie. Enjoy!!
Rock Creek Lake Fresh Peach Pie
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 459
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 5.2g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 70g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sodium: 202mg
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Pastry for a 9-inch single-crust pie
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 1/2 cups sliced peeled firm-ripe peaches (about 4 lb.)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. With a fork, prick bottom and sides of unbaked pastry in pan at about 1-inch intervals. Bake in a 375° regular or convection oven until golden, 15 to 20 minutes; let cool on a rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Spread evenly over bottom of cool pastry.
- 3. In a blender or food processor, whirl 1 cup sliced peaches, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, orange juice, and cornstarch until smooth. Pour into a 3- to 4-quart pan; stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils and thickens, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- 4. Add remaining 5 1/2 cups peaches to hot peach glaze and mix to coat slices. Let cool until tepid, about 25 minutes, then scrape onto cream cheese mixture in crust.
- 5. Chill, uncovered, until firm enough to cut, at least 3 hours. Cut into wedges and serve, or invert a large bowl over pie (it shouldn't touch fruit) and chill up to 1 day.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts