When I mixed the coffee and egg in with the sugar and margarine, it looked like the egg cooked, it got all lumpy and the coffee didn't mix in at all. I used it anyway because we had run out of brown sugar... when we added the dry ingredients it all seemed to mix well. These turned out rather "cakey", I couldn't taste the coffee at all, but other than that it was a pretty good cookie.
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons strong coffee
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add coffee, stirring well.
- Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, and allspice in a large mixing bowl. Stir in raisins and pecans to coat well; add to creamed mixture.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This