- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
How to Make It
Combine orange rind, juice, egg, and butter in a small mixing bowl, mixing well; set aside.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Make a well in center of dry ingredients; pour in orange juice mixture. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold in cranberries and pecans.
Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove from pans, and serve warm.