Roasted Winter Vegetables
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Stephana Bottom
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 183mg
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 large parsnips, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F; line 2 large baking sheets with foil. Combine carrots, parsnips, sweet potato and squash in a large bowl. Add olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- 2. Divide vegetables between baking sheets and roast, stirring twice, until golden brown and tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve hot.
This recipe also appeared in the January 2011 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables