Roasted Winter Vegetables
Photo: Tina Cornett
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 parsnips
- 4 turnips
- 1/2 medium rutabaga
- 1/2 medium butternut squash
- 2 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Peel vegetables. Cut parsnips into 1-inch slices; cut turnips, rutabaga, and squash into 1-inch cubes.
- Bring parsnip, turnip, rutabaga, 2 quarts water, and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil in a Dutch oven; boil, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add squash, and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until slightly tender. Drain and cool. Chill up to 8 hours, if desired.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon salt, flour, and pepper in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add one-third of vegetables to bag. Seal and shake to coat; place in a single layer in a greased roasting pan. Repeat procedure with remaining vegetables and flour mixture. Drizzle vegetables with butter, tossing gently.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This