Easy, simple and people rave about this recipe. When they find out how easy it is they are very surprised
Roasted Winter Squash
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 (2- to 3-lb.) butternut squash
- 1 (2- to 3-lb.) spaghetti squash
- 1 (1- to 2-lb.) acorn squash
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut butternut squash, spaghetti squash, and acorn squash in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Place squash, cut sides up, on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Microwave butter and honey at HIGH 1 minute or until melted; stir until blended. Brush cut sides of squash with butter mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until tender; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into large pieces and serve.
- Roasted Acorn Squash: Omit butternut and spaghetti squash. Cut acorn squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut squash into 1/2-inch slices. Proceed with recipe as directed, decreasing bake time to 45 minutes or until tender. Garnish with sage sprigs, if desired. Makes 4 servings. Prep: 10 min., Bake: 45 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables