Easy, simple and people rave about this recipe. When they find out how easy it is they are very surprised
Roasted Winter Squash
Roasting is an indirect cooking method involving dry heat in an oven or over an open flame. The low and slow cooking of meats, vegetables, and fruit creates caramelization on the surface of the food to equal an added boost in flavor.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 (2- to 3-lb.) butternut squash
- 1 (2- to 3-lb.) spaghetti squash
- 1 (1- to 2-lb.) acorn squash
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut butternut squash, spaghetti squash, and acorn squash in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Place squash, cut sides up, on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Microwave butter and honey at HIGH 1 minute or until melted; stir until blended. Brush cut sides of squash with butter mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until tender; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into large pieces and serve.
- Roasted Acorn Squash: Omit butternut and spaghetti squash. Cut acorn squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut squash into 1/2-inch slices. Proceed with recipe as directed, decreasing bake time to 45 minutes or until tender. Garnish with sage sprigs, if desired. Makes 4 servings. Prep: 10 min., Bake: 45 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note