Roasted Wild Turkey Breast With Cream Gravy
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Virginia Houston, Ana Kelly
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 (8- to 10-pound) wild turkey breast
- Vegetable oil
- Cream Gravy
- Fresh mushrooms
- Sprinkle seasonings over turkey. Brush entire turkey breast with oil; place on a rack in a roasting pan
- Insert meat thermometer in breast (do not touch bone). Bake at 325° for 2 1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 185°; baste with pan drippings.
- Transfer turkey to a serving platter, reserving 1/2 cup pan drippings for Cream Gravy; let stand 15 minutes before carving. Serve with Cream Gravy. Garnish with watercress and mushrooms.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note