Roasted Vegetables & Italian Sausage with Polenta
We've shrunk the calorie count of this dish by using lean turkey sausage. To save time, use store-bought polenta in a tube.
Resistant Starch: 2g
More From Health
Total: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
- Calories: 390
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Sodium: 498mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 small fennel bulb (about 1/2 pound), stem and fronds removed, sliced thin
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 (4-ounce) lean Italian turkey sausage links
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Coat a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Combine 4 cups water and polenta, and pour into prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- 3. Place fennel in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Add bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with oregano. Toss to coat. Arrange turkey sausage on top, and add 1 cup water.
- 4. Bake sausage and vegetables, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; turn sausages, and toss vegetables. Place half of vegetable mixture on top of sausages before returning baking dish to oven.
- 5. Reduce temperature to 350°. Stir polenta mixture lightly, and place baking dish in oven. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Remove polenta from oven; stir gently with a fork, and return to oven. Bake both dishes an additional 10 minutes or until vegetables are completely soft and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a sausage registers 170°. Remove from oven.
- 6. Stir polenta with a fork; polenta will continue to thicken as it stands. Serve polenta and sausage topped with vegetables and pan sauce. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This