I've made this 2x, once with the almonds, once without. It's good either way. I add baby carrots, garlic, and herbs de provence. I had a time crunch the 2nd time I made these, so they roasted for about 10-15 min, then I broiled them on high to finish them off. worked just fine! did not have a mushy issue at all, they were perfect.
Roasted Vegetables and Rice
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
- 1 pound zucchini, diced
- 1 pound yellow squash, diced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 (8.5-oz.) packages ready-to-serve brown and wild rice mix
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Toss together first 7 ingredients until vegetables are well coated. Place vegetables in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Stir vegetables, and bake 20 more minutes or until slightly crisp and golden.
- 3. Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir together rice, almonds, and hot vegetables.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Uncle Ben's Ready Whole Grain Medley Brown and Wild Rice.
- To make ahead: Prepare vegetables as directed through Step 2. Let cool completely. Transfer to airtight containers or heavy-duty zip-top plastic freezer bags, and freeze up to one month. Thaw in refrigerator 8 to 24 hours. Reheat in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 5 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated and any extra liquid is reduced. Proceed with recipe as directed, or use vegetables as desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This