Roasted vegetables are an easy and healthy side dish that you can pop in the oven while preparing the rest of the meal. Mix and match your favorite in-season veggies for a side you can enjoy all year round.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 223
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 4.3g
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 159mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 eggplant (1 lb.)
- 2 pounds crookneck or pattypan squash
- 3 red bell peppers (8 oz. each)
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs (5 in. each) or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 pounds red thin-skinned potatoes (2 in. wide)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Rinse eggplant, squash, bell peppers, and rosemary sprigs. Scrub potatoes. Trim and discard ends of eggplant and squash. Stem and seed bell peppers. Cut eggplant, squash, and bell peppers into 1 1/2-inch chunks and potatoes into halves. Combine vegetables, rosemary, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in an 11- by 17-inch roasting pan (2 to 2 1/2 in. deep); mix well.
- 2. Bake in a 400º regular or convection oven, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned and tender when pierced, about 1 hour. Mound on a large platter. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This