Roasted vegetables are an easy and healthy side dish that you can pop in the oven while preparing the rest of the meal. Mix and match your favorite in-season veggies for a side you can enjoy all year round.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 223
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 4.3g
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 159mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 eggplant (1 lb.)
- 2 pounds crookneck or pattypan squash
- 3 red bell peppers (8 oz. each)
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs (5 in. each) or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 pounds red thin-skinned potatoes (2 in. wide)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- About 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Rinse eggplant, squash, bell peppers, and rosemary sprigs. Scrub potatoes. Trim and discard ends of eggplant and squash. Stem and seed bell peppers. Cut eggplant, squash, and bell peppers into 1 1/2-inch chunks and potatoes into halves. Combine vegetables, rosemary, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in an 11- by 17-inch roasting pan (2 to 2 1/2 in. deep); mix well.
- 2. Bake in a 400º regular or convection oven, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned and tender when pierced, about 1 hour. Mound on a large platter. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note