Didn't work for mw at all. Perhaps the temperature was a typo. Couldn't get them cooked enough at that temperature. Next time I will throw them in the dutch oven with the pot roast. Much smarter idea.
Slow roasting in a cast-iron skillet accentuates the natural sweetness of these root vegetables. If desired, you may omit the olive oil and add vegetables to the Dutch oven with the pot roast during the last hour of baking.
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, cut in half
- 1 (16-ounce) bag baby carrots
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss potatoes, baby carrots, and onions with olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 300° in a large cast-iron skillet for 45 minutes, stirring once.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note