- 2 pounds beets, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grain sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 pounds carrots with tops
- 8 shallots
- 2 pounds new potatoes, halved
- 8 small turnips, peeled and quartered
- Place beet quarters on a 12-inch square piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Fold up sides, forming a bowl; place bowl in 1 end of a large roasting pan, and set aside.
- Cut tops from carrots, leaving 2-inch stems. Scrape carrots, and set aside.
- Cut an X in top of 4 unpeeled shallots; cut remaining 4 shallots in half lengthwise.
- Toss together carrots, shallots, potato, turnip, remaining 6 tablespoons oil, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place on opposite end of roasting pan from beets.
- Bake at 450° for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Toss together beets and other vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This