Serve Italian comfort food in a polenta dish with roasted vegetables and sausage.
Health JULY 2010
1. Preheat oven to 425ï¿½.
2. Coat a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Combine 4 cups water with cornmeal, and pour into prepared baking dish. Set aside.
3. Slice fennel into very thin pieces. Place in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Add bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano. Toss to coat. Arrange turkey sausage on top, and add 1 cup water.
4. Bake sausage and vegetables, uncovered, at 425ï¿½ for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; turn sausages and toss vegetables. Place half of vegetable mixture on top of sausages before returning dish to oven.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 350ï¿½. Stir cornmeal mixture lightly and place in oven. Bake 45 minutes. Remove cornmeal from oven; stir gently with a fork and return to oven. Bake both dishes 10 additional minutes or until vegetables are completely soft and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a sausage registers 170ï¿½. Remove from oven.
6. Stir polenta with a fork; add salt. Polenta will continue to thicken as it stands. Top polenta with chopped parsley, if desired Serve polenta and sausage topped with vegetables and pan sauce.
Go to full version of