Roasted Vegetable soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 small leek
- 7 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1.Heat the oven to 425°F. Cut the top 1/3 off the garlic bulb. Place the bulb onto a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and wrap. Arrange the potatoes, fennel, carrots and onion in a large roasting pan. Pour 2 tablespoons oil over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- 2.Roast the vegetables and wrapped garlic for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly browned and the garlic is soft.
- 3.Place 1 cup broth and the vegetables into a blender. Cover and blend until the mixture is puréed. Pour the mixture into a 3-quart saucepan.
- 4.Stir the remaining broth in the saucepan and heat over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5.Peel the garlic. Mash the garlic in a small bowl with a fork. Stir in the basil and remaining oil.
- 6.Divide the soup among 8 serving bowls. Top each with about 1 tablespoon garlic herb mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ivadon55 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Vegetable soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes