Roasted Vegetable Soup
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 124
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 20.8g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 546mg
- Calcium: 139mg
- 2 turnips, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (32-ounce) container fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons fat-free yogurt
- 1. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2. Toss first 6 ingredients together, and place in a roasting pan. Bake at 500° for 45 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Squeeze garlic cloves to extract pulp. Place pulp, vegetables, broth, and water in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 4. Place one-third of vegetable mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining mixture. Return to pan; add milk, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Ladle into bowls; top with yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews