- 2 turnips, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (32-ounce) container fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons fat-free yogurt
- calories 124
- caloriesfromfat 19 %
- fat 2.6 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- protein 5.8 g
- carbohydrate 20.8 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- cholesterol 3 mg
- iron 0.6 mg
- sodium 546 mg
- calcium 139 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 500°.
Toss first 6 ingredients together, and place in a roasting pan. Bake at 500° for 45 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
Squeeze garlic cloves to extract pulp. Place pulp, vegetables, broth, and water in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Place one-third of vegetable mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining mixture. Return to pan; add milk, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Ladle into bowls; top with yogurt.