Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches
For a make-ahead sandwich, roast the vegetables ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When you are ready to assemble the sandwich, preheat the oven to 450°, and follow the directions beginning with step 4. The vegetables will reheat in the foil packets.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 13.0g
- Carbohydrate: 49.0g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 545mg
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fiber: 9.3g
- Calcium: 346mg
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 pound yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 (6-ounce) package presliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves, drained
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (18.5-ounce) package wheat rolls, toasted and sliced in half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake to coat with oil.
- Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer on a large foil-lined jelly roll pan. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes; turn vegetables with a spatula. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Spread tomato mixture evenly on top half of each roll. Arrange vegetable mixture evenly over bottom half of each roll. Top evenly with cheese and remaining halves of rolls. Wrap each sandwich in foil. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note