More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 10.4g
- Carbohydrate: 47.8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 679mg
- Calcium: 148mg
- 1/2 garlic head
- 2 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups diagonally sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped seeded Anaheim chile
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled acorn squash
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (1-pound) loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap head in foil; set aside.
- Arrange mushrooms and next 5 ingredients (mushrooms through tomatoes) on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle salt, thyme, and pepper over vegetables; toss well. Nestle rosemary sprigs into vegetables. Bake garlic and vegetables at 350° for 45 minutes, stirring vegetables every 15 minutes. Discard rosemary sprigs. Separate garlic cloves, and squeeze to extract garlic pulp; discard skins. Set garlic pulp aside.
- Spoon yogurt onto several layers of heavy-duty paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with additional paper towels; let stand 10 minutes. Scrape yogurt into a bowl, using a rubber spatula. Stir in garlic pulp, mustard, and vinegar; set aside.
- Hollow out top and bottom halves of bread, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell; reserve torn bread for another use. Spread yogurt mixture over top and bottom halves of loaf. Arrange vegetables on bottom half of loaf; replace top half. Wrap loaf in foil; bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cut into 6 equal portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches