Roasted Vegetable Salsa with Grilled Polenta Cakes
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 73
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 187mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 4 1/2 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled eggplant (about 1 medium)
- 2 cups (1-inch) cubed red bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch) pieces onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole garlic head
- 2 cups (1-inch) pieces seeded tomato (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 (17-ounce) tube refrigerated polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Place eggplant, bell pepper, and onion in a single layer on a large jelly-roll pan. Drizzle vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Cut off pointed end of garlic head 1/4 inch from top. Wrap garlic in foil, and place on pan. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. (Do not stir vegetables.)
- 4. Stir tomato into vegetables, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until vegetables are beginning to brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- 5. Unwrap garlic. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract pulp into a food processor. Discard skins. Add roasted vegetables, lemon rind, and next 3 ingredients to garlic pulp; pulse 12 times or until chunky, scraping sides of bowl once. Set aside.
- 6. While vegetables bake, heat a cast-iron grill pan over high heat 4 minutes. While pan heats, pat polenta slices dry with paper towels; coat both sides with cooking spray. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add polenta slices, in batches, to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated and scored with grill marks. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- 7. Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons salsa over each polenta cake, reserving remaining salsa for another use. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This