Roasted Vegetable Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 pound small golden beets, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 10 -12 garlic cloves
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 pound small Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 fresh rosemary or thyme sprigs
- 3 small bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 head radicchio, separated into leaves
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Divide first 8 ingredients between two aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pans. Drizzle with butter and oil; toss to coat. Spread vegetables in a single layer in each pan, leaving about 1 inch between pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake both pans at 425° for 20 minutes, placing 1 pan on middle oven rack and 1 pan on lower oven rack. Rotate pans front to back, and top rack to bottom rack. Bake 20 to 25 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Gently loosen vegetables, and add salt and pepper to taste. Cool completely (about 20 minutes). Discard herb sprigs and bay leaves. Place vegetables in a zip-top plastic freezer bag, and refrigerate 2 hours to 2 days.
To serve, let vegetables stand 20 minutes or until room temperature. Add 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinaigrette; toss to coat.
Arrange radicchio leaves on a serving platter; top with roasted
vegetables. Drizzle 1/4 cup vinaigrette over salad. Season with salt and pepper. Serve salad with remaining vinaigrette.