Yum! I used a Boboli (premade) crust and sauce. Used 2 large jalapeños instead of bell pepper, and used queso fresco instead of ricotta because I didn't have that stuff on hand. This was SUPERB, and I love that it's lower calorie and healthier than usual pizza.
Roasted Vegetable and Ricotta Pizza
Slice-by-slice this yummy roasted vegetable pizza will disappear before your eyes. Ingredients like ricotta cheese, cremini mushrooms and fresh zucchini will keep you from ordering for delivery every again.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 347
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 48.5g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 655mg
- Calcium: 193mg
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thick slices
- 5 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons small fresh basil leaves
- 1. Position an oven rack in the lowest setting; place a pizza stone on rack. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2. Remove dough from refrigerator. Let stand, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 3. Combine mushrooms and next 4 ingredients (through onion) in a large bowl; drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Toss. Arrange vegetables on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 500° for 15 minutes.
- 4. Punch dough down. Sprinkle a lightly floured baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough out to 15-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Brush dough with 1 teaspoon oil. Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella over sauce; top with vegetables. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella and red pepper over zucchini mixture. Dollop with ricotta. Slide pizza onto preheated pizza stone. Bake at 500° for 11 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note