- 3 cups diced peeled eggplant (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups cooked elbow macaroni (about 12 ounces uncooked)
- Cooking spray
- Dash of paprika
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine first 8 ingredients in a large shallow roasting pan; toss well. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
Place flour in a large saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Add provolone cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in roasted vegetables and macaroni.
Spoon mixture into a 3-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and paprika, and sprinkle over macaroni mixture. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until bubbly.