Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
For a hearty meatless meal, serve Roasted Vegetable Lasagna, mixed green salad, and commercial breadsticks.
Yield: 2 servings
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 368
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 49.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 431mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/2 medium-size sweet red pepper
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 medium eggplant
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and finely chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut pepper in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds and membrane. Place pepper, skin side up, on rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; flatten with palm of hand. Coat pepper with cooking spray. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 5 minutes. Coat eggplant and zucchini with cooking spray, and place, skin side up, on rack of broiler pan; add garlic. Broil 12 minutes or until skins of red pepper and eggplant are charred and zucchini and garlic are tender.
- Place pepper in ice water until cool. Remove from water; peel and discard skin. Cut pepper into strips. Peel and discard skin from eggplant; cut eggplant into small pieces. Slice zucchini; peel garlic, and mince. Combine roasted vegetables in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine basil and next 4 ingredients; add half of basil mixture to roasted vegetable mixture. Set aside.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add chopped tomato and remaining half of basil mixture. Cook 10 minutes or until tomato is tender; stir in tomato sauce. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Combine ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl, stirring well. Set aside.
- Cook lasagana noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; cut each noodle in half crosswise.
- Place 2 noodle halves lengthwise in a single layer on bottom of a 7- x 5 1/4- x 1 1/2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; spoon ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with roasted vegetable mixture. Place remaining 2 noodle halves over vegetable mixture; spoon tomato mixture over noodles with a slotted spoon. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note