Roasted Vegetable Hot Pot with Buckwheat Noodles
This dish is a complete meal, but you can easily add chicken or shrimp. You can also serve with couscous or steamed rice instead of noodles, if desired.
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package buckwheat, lo mein, or soba noodles, cooked
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Toss first 4 ingredients in a bowl with olive oil and cumin to coat. Spread vegetables evenly on a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown around edges.
- 2. Place broth and next 4 ingredients in a large saucepan, and bring to a low boil. Add chickpeas, salt, and pepper, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Add roasted vegetables, parsley, and 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro; stir to mix. Discard bay leaves. Serve warm in large bowls; top with noodles and cilantro leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes