- 6 yellow squash (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 8 sweet mini bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 (16-oz.) package gnocchi*
- Spinach-Herb Pesto
- 1/2 (5-oz.) package baby spinach
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup (1 to 1 1/2 oz.) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Cut squash into 1-inch pieces. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Stir together squash, bell peppers, oil, salt, and ground pepper. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan, and bake 15 minutes. Stir and bake 5 minutes or until tender and golden.
Cook gnocchi according to package directions in a Dutch oven; drain. Return to Dutch oven. Add Spinach-Herb Pesto to gnocchi, and toss to coat. Add squash mixture and spinach, and gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
*Medium-size pasta shells may be substituted.
We tested with Gia Russa Gnocchi With Potato.