My husband and I loved these pizzas! I made one with pesto sauce and one with a spicy arrabiata sauce just to mix up the flavors a bit, and add some variety-both were really tasty. I felt as though the bake time on the veggies was too long-my onions were practically burnt to a crisp before I even added the other veggies. I had to recut and add more onion and toss out some of the charred ones (could have been because the onion I used was rather small and thin?). I just kept an eye on the veggies and took them out when they were nicely browned and starting to soften. I did the onions for about 10 mins, and then an additional 20 after adding the remaining veggies and cheese. I felt as though we could have added another handful of veggies to make each pizza a bit heartier, but it was pretty delicious as is! Will make again! Next time I may try a homemade crust!
Roasted Vegetable-and-Goat Cheese Pizza
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (24-ounce) package prebaked pizza crusts
- 1 (7-ounce) container refrigerated prepared pesto sauce
- 1 (9-ounce) package goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Toss onion with 1 teaspoon oil; arrange on an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll or broiler pan.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until tender, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Toss together eggplant and next 6 ingredients; add to onion on jelly-roll pan. Bake 30 more minutes, stirring at 10-minute intervals.
- Place pizza crusts on 2 lightly greased baking sheets; spread pesto evenly over crusts, and arrange vegetables evenly over pesto. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese and 1/4 cup pine nuts over vegetables.
- Bake pizzas at 425° for 25 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This