Roasted Turkey with Smoked Paprika
Yield: Makes 15 servings
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Italian Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Black Pepper, Coarse Grind
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Paprika, Smoked
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Mustard, Ground
- 1 whole turkey (12 to 14 pounds), fresh or frozen, thawed
- 2 ribs celery
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 orange, quartered
- 2 McCormick® Gourmet Collection Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Place oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 325° F. Place roasting rack in shallow roasting pan. Mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl.
2. Rinse turkey; pat dry. Place turkey, breast-side up, in prepared pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mixture inside turkey. Stuff with celery, onion, orange and bay leaves. Brush turkey breast with oil. Spread remaining seasoning mixture over entire surface and under skin of turkey. Add 1/2 cup water to pan; cover loosely with heavy duty foil.
3. Roast 1 hour. Remove foil. Roast 2 to 2 1/2 hours longer or until internal temperature reaches 165° F (175° F in thigh), basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove turkey from oven. Let stand 20 minutes. Transfer to platter or carving board and slice. Reserve pan juices to make gravy or to serve with turkey.
Test Kitchen Tip: For easy cleanup, line roasting pan with heavy duty foil.
Nutrition information per serving
Fat: 21 g
Cholesterol: 169 mg
Protein: 58 g
Sodium: 883 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Fiber: 1 g
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes