Roasted Turkey with Artichoke-Sausage Stuffing
- * 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- * 2 cups sliced mushrooms, button or cremini
- * 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- * 2 cloves garlic, minced
- * 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- * 1 loaf bread (French or Italian baguette or artisan bread), cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 to 6 cups cubed)
- * 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- * 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- * 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- * 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, or more as needed
- * 1 turkey (about 12 pounds), giblets removed and discarded
- * Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- * 2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- * 2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add sausage and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, and poultry seasoning and cook 3 minutes, until mushrooms soften. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add bread cubes, artichoke hearts, cheese, parsley, and 1 1/2 cups broth. Toss to combine, allowing liquid to soften bread cubes. If stuffing seems dry, add more broth to soak cubes.
- Season turkey all over with salt and black pepper. Place turkey in a large roasting pan and season the top and sides with thyme and rosemary.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Holleyscorner and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note