Roasted Turkey, Feta and Almond Salad
"Making the most of Thanksgiving leftovers" by Michael Hastings. Feel free to substitute any lettuce or combination of tender greens for the radicchio, arugula and frisee. Recipe adapted from "The Macy's Culinary Council Thanksgiving and Holiday Cookbook". Winston-Salem Journal: November 21, 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced shallots
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) whole-grain Dijon mustard
- For the salad:
- 3/4 cup(s) raw almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup(s) cubed roasted turkey breast
- 3 cup(s) torn radicchio or 4 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cup(s) frisee, torn if leaves are large
- 3 cup(s) arugula
- 1/2 lemon
- 8 ounce(s) feta cheese
- 1. Make vinaigrette by combining shallots, lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes to marinate the shallots. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly to emulsify. Whisk in salt and pepper, then whisk in mustard. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt if necessary. You should have about 3/4 cup. Use immediately, or transfer to an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- 2. For salad, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread almonds on a rimmed baking sheet, place in oven and toast, shaking the pan occasionally until nuts take on color and are fragrant, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and toss to coat. Let almonds cool slightly, then coarsely chop and set aside.
- 3. Place turkey in a large bowl. Add a few tablespoons of vinaigrette and toss to coat. Allow turkey to marinate for a few minutes.
- 4. Add radicchio, frisee and arugula to the bowl with turkey. Drizzle 1/2 cup vinaigrette over salad and toss gently with your hands to coat the leaves evenly. Sprinkle with salt and toss again. Taste for seasoning and add more vinaigrette, a squeeze of lemon juice or salt if needed. Reserve any vinaigrette for another use.
- 5. Pile salad on a large platter or divide among individual plates. Crumble feta cheese over the top and serve right away.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note