- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson Canola Oil
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup diced queso fresco cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces white tortilla chips, coarsely broken (2 oz = 15 chips)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Hands On: 15 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
Heat medium saucepan over medium-high heat; add oil, corn, onion, celery and jalapeno. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until aromatic.
Add broth, drained tomatoes and chicken. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until hot and flavors have blended.
Divide cheese equally between each soup bowl. Add 1 cup soup to each. Top with equal amounts of sour cream, tortilla chips and cilantro.