Roasted tomato soup
Creamy roasted tomato soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 Roma tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into thirds
- 1 red bell pepper halved, seeds removed
- 1 poblano pepper halved, seeds removed
- 1 shallot peeled and thickly sliced
- 4 clove(s) garlic peeled and halved
- 1/2 medium yellow onion cut into thirds
- 6 sprig(s) thyme leaves removed
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cream or half-n-half
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. Place tomatoes, carrots, peppers, garlic, shallot, and onion on sheet pan. Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil, sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Toss well and place tomatoes and peppers on pan, skin side up.
- 3. Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes or until skin of peppers are lightly charred. Removed from oven, cover with foil and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until peppers are slightly cooled.
- 4. Use a fork to remove charred skin from peppers and tomatoes. Place all vegetables and juice from pan in food processor or blender and process until smooth. (Add some chicken stock if too thick to process).
- 5. Transfer mixture to pot and place over med-low heat. Add additional chicken stock to thin soup to desired consistency. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped basil and heat for 10-15 min.
- 6. Remove from heat and stir in cream or half-n-half.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KayWash and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted tomato soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews