Roasted Tomato Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Less sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) Brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon(s) Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup(s) Coarsely chopped onion
- 5 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 can(s) 28 oz cans Whole tomatoes, drained
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- - Combine 1/2 cup of beef broth, sugar,vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- - Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with foil and coat with olive oil.
- - Place onion, garlic cloves and tomatoes in pan, pour broth mixture over tomato mixture.
- Bake @ 500 degrees for 50 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly and spoon into a blender adding the remaining broth, purée until smooth. You may want to add more pepper to taste.
- For the Spaghetti & Meatballs: add as much sauce as you want to the skillet used for browning the meatballs scraping up the browned bits, return the meatballs to the pan and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through. You can add a little more beef broth or red or white wine to the sauce at this time. I usually add a couple of large spoonfuls of pasta water to the sauce to thicken it at this point.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Triumph and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Tomato Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments