Roasted Tomato-Ricotta Bruschetta
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 329
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 43.7g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 874mg
- Calcium: 238mg
- 8 large plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese
- 4 (2.5-ounce) slices peasant bread or other rustic bread, lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Place tomato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Drizzle tomato slices evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bake at 425° for 15 to 17 minutes or until tomatoes begin to brown and skins wrinkle.
- 3. While tomatoes bake, heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add spinach, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Combine ricotta, goat cheese, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl; microwave at HIGH 30 seconds to soften.
- 5. Preheat broiler.
- 6. Top bread slices evenly with half of tomatoes; top evenly with wilted spinach mixture. Spoon ricotta cheese mixture evenly over spinach; top evenly with remaining tomato slices. Sprinkle bruschetta evenly with Parmesan cheese. Place bruschetta on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches