Roasted Tomato Relish with Thyme
This makes a fine accompaniment for grilled fish, chicken, or beef, or serve it as a topping for bruschetta.
Yield: About 1 cup (serving size: about 2 tablespoons)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 61
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.9g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 78mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 12 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and seeded (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large shallots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the tomatoes, cut sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Wrap shallots in foil; add to baking sheet. Bake an additional 40 minutes or until tomatoes are lightly charred and shallots are soft. Cool 10 minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and shallots; place in a medium bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, and remaining ingredients to bowl; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments