Roasted Tomato Chipotle Soup
Spicy, creamy, flavorful soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 onion
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 can(s) chipotle peppers Chopped and Packed in adobo
- 2 can(s) Fire roasted crushed tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cilantro handful to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 - 4 minutes or until onions are translucent and very fragrant. Add chjipotle peppers and adobo and cook for another minute. Add tomatoes ( juice and all - do not drain) and cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree mixture in a blender, food p[rocessor, or immersion blender. Return to pot, stir in the half and half, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 more minutes.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by heir16 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note