Roasted Tomato Chipotle Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 onion
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 can(s) chipotle peppers Chopped and Packed in adobo
- 2 can(s) Fire roasted crushed tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cilantro handful to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 - 4 minutes or until onions are translucent and very fragrant. Add chjipotle peppers and adobo and cook for another minute. Add tomatoes ( juice and all - do not drain) and cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree mixture in a blender, food p[rocessor, or immersion blender. Return to pot, stir in the half and half, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 more minutes.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by heir16 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes