Roasted Tomato-Cannellini Pasta
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 21 minutes. Toasting the sage leaves brings out their flavor.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 419
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 14.6g
- Carbohydrate: 64.8g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 787mg
- Calcium: 135mg
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked fusilli (short, twisted spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup preshredded Romano or Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Place tomatoes on a 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan covered with foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 450º for 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sage leaves; cook 1 minute or until crisp. Remove sage from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Place garlic in pan, and cook 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Add beans to pan; cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth, remaining salt, and pepper; simmer 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Drain pasta; stir in tomatoes and bean mixture.
- Reserve 4 sage leaves. Crumble remaining sage leaves; stir into pasta mixture. Spoon pasta into shallow bowls; top each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Garnish with reserved sage leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes