Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
Notes: This green salsa from Renee Shepherd makes an excellent dip or a topping for grilled chicken or fish.
Yield: Makes about 1 1/4 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 7.5
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 1.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 0.4mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound tomatillos (about 8, each 2 in. wide)
- 1 fresh serrano chili (1/4 oz.)
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 or 2 green onions, rinsed, ends trimmed, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and peper
- 1. Remove and discard husks from tomatillos; rinse tomatillos. Rinse chili; remove and discard stem. Place tomatillos and chili in a 9-inch square baking pan and broil 4 inches from heat, turning as needed, until browned well on all sides, 12 to 15 minutes total for tomatillos and 6 to 8 minutes for chili. Remove vegetables as done.
- 2. In a food processor or blender, whirl tomatillos, chili, garlic, green onions, and lime juice, pulsing just until mixture is coarsely chopped; do not overprocess. Stir in cilantro, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers