- 1 pound tomatillos (about 8, each 2 in. wide)
- 1 fresh serrano chili (1/4 oz.)
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 or 2 green onions, rinsed, ends trimmed, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and peper
- calories 7.5
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- protein 0.2 g
- fat 0.2 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 1.4 g
- fiber 0.4 g
- sodium 0.4 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Remove and discard husks from tomatillos; rinse tomatillos. Rinse chili; remove and discard stem. Place tomatillos and chili in a 9-inch square baking pan and broil 4 inches from heat, turning as needed, until browned well on all sides, 12 to 15 minutes total for tomatillos and 6 to 8 minutes for chili. Remove vegetables as done.
In a food processor or blender, whirl tomatillos, chili, garlic, green onions, and lime juice, pulsing just until mixture is coarsely chopped; do not overprocess. Stir in cilantro, then salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional analysis per tablespoon.