Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole
Add more intense flavor to homemade guacamole with the addition of pan-roasted jalapeño peppers and roasted tomatillos. You can also do the roasting step on a grill.
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 16
- Calories from fat: 75%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 1.2g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 or 2 fresh Jalapeños, stems removed, and chiles halved and seeded
- 1/2 medium white onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tomatillo, papery skin removed
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- At least 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- At least 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large, unoiled frying pan over medium heat, pan-roast the Jalapeños, onion, garlic, and tomatillo on all sides, 20 to 25 minutes total.
- 2. In a blender, whirl the vegetables with 1/4 cup water until blended but still chunky. Add avocado and lime juice; pulse until blended. Add cilantro and salt, pulse to combine, and add more salt and/or lime juice to taste.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This