- 1 or 2 fresh Jalapeños, stems removed, and chiles halved and seeded
- 1/2 medium white onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tomatillo, papery skin removed
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- At least 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- At least 1/2 teaspoon salt
- calories 16
- caloriesfromfat 75 %
- protein 0.2 g
- fat 1.3 g
- satfat 0.2 g
- carbohydrate 1.2 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- sodium 50 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a large, unoiled frying pan over medium heat, pan-roast the Jalapeños, onion, garlic, and tomatillo on all sides, 20 to 25 minutes total.
In a blender, whirl the vegetables with 1/4 cup water until blended but still chunky. Add avocado and lime juice; pulse until blended. Add cilantro and salt, pulse to combine, and add more salt and/or lime juice to taste.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per tablespoon.