Roasted Sweet and White Potatoes with Hazelnuts
Notes: Up to 4 hours ahead, partially roast potatoes and let stand uncovered.
Yield: Makes 12 cups; 10 to 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 270
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 4.5g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Sodium: 79mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes or yams
- 3 pounds russet potatoes
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1. Rinse and peel sweet potatoes and russet potatoes. Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Put in a 2-inch-deep 12- by 17-inch pan. Add garlic and 1/4 cup melted butter.
- 2. Bake in a 475° oven for 45 minutes, turning vegetables with a wide spatula every 15 to 20 minutes or so. Then stir in hazelnuts.
- 3. Continue to bake potatoes until they are very tender when pierced and their edges are well browned, about 20 minutes (30 minutes if cool); occasionally turn pieces with wide spatula. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This