Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Lime Syrup and Chives
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 1/2 pound(s) sweet potatoes peeled & cut into 1/2" cubes (10 cups)
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh lime zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1. Put oven racks in uppper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 450 deg.
- 2.Toss potatoes with butter, salt and pepper in a bowl until coated well, then spread in 1 layer in 2 shallow baking pans (15 X 10 X 1") and roast, uncovered, switching position of pans halfway through roasting, until potatoes are tender and undersides are browned, 15-20 minutes total.
- 3. While potatoes roast, bring water, sugar, and lime juice to a boil in a very small saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then simmer until reduced to about 3 tablespoons, 3-4 minutes. Toss potatoes with syrup and zest in a large bowl, then sprinkle with chives.
- Note: Potatoes can be roasted and syrup made 1 day ahead (without tossing together). Chill separately in airtight containers. Reheat potatoes in single roasting pan in oven and heat syrup in a small saucepan until hot. Toss together then toss with zest and chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 22Janet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Lime Syrup and Chives Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables